Thursday, April 29, 2010

Idiocracy

This was such a creative and funny movie. More so than I could have imagined. At first glance it might seem like a dumb comedy, but I think there had to be a lot of thought put into this film. It is rather clever. It also kind of scary to see this happening, because I’ve met some people who at times act the way the dumb people from “Idiocracy” do. I also liked the message that Not Sure gave to Rita about how she should go back in time and send out a message for people to do things with their lives, because he himself hadn’t done anything with his life. It’s almost as if he was sent to this other “world” and learns something about himself. I was very happy about Frido’s character. He was a dumb lawyer, but he still was able to help a great deal. I was very glad when he filmed the plants and was able to overcome his stupidity, even if it was just for a moment. I’ll admit that my favorite character however was the President. Mainly because I find Terry Crews hilarious, but also because of the way he governs. If people don’t agree, he pulls out a machine gun and scares them, but you can also see that just for a few moments his feelings were hurt when people started ganging up against him. He had such a diverse range of emotions and personalities.

No comments:

Post a Comment