Thursday, April 29, 2010

Children of Men

Depressing. At first when we hear that the youngest person in the world has died, we know it’s a big deal especially when we see how the people react to this, but it’s not until later on that we realize how much it has affected the world, and its social structure.
I watching it, was stressed the entire time. Always asking who can be trusted, and who will be able to keep a secret. Theo was such an interesting character. I think he is very brave. In my opinion most people in that situation would flee. When he finds Kee, the pregnant girl, I think his decision to get help to the Human Project is immensely courageous considering all the risks it involves. I was rather sad when his ex-wife was shot and when they had invaded the house of their friend, Jasper Palmer. This was an overall depressing movie. Even at the end, he dies alone. All we can hope is that, what was risked for Kee and her child was worth it. Through out the movie I was still a bit wary of this Human Project. I think the movie made me so paranoid about everyone that at the end I was almost left with the feeling that the Human Project was another trap.

No comments:

Post a Comment