Thursday, April 29, 2010

City of lost children

I love this movie! It’s so weird but interesting. Kept me asking questions through out the whole thing. At first I thought it sort of confusing, but after skimming it a second time, I think it finally came together for me. The beginning scene was horrifying. Even thought it was meant to be a nightmare, the character of Krank is very unsettling. All I can think of when I look at him is of the victim for sloth in the movie S7ven. I love this type of film by Jean-Pierre Jeunet. Very much like Amelie. He is able to capture life’s oddities in the characters. My favorite character in this film is by far Miette. She’s very mature, but what I really like about her is her no-nonsense attitude. I like her role in taking care of One. I have always been intrigued by the thought of a big strong man being and behaving very much like a child. In it’s most creepy sense I could almost compare him to the Big Child ghost from 13 ghosts. A small mother and a huge son that can’t live without her. Other elements that I thought were interesting were the Cyclops people, the flea that would turn people crazy, and of course the clones, which were my favorite creeps.

No comments:

Post a Comment