Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Hobbit

I was really excited about this book. I think I rather enjoy reading fantasy books. I first began reading this book in 8th grade. I can’t recall why I didn’t finish it, because I know I liked it back then too. I’m glad I got to go back and finish it. I like Tolkien. I am a big fan of the movie as well. I also think that the hobbit was an easy read. Not only because it is kind of a children’s book, but also because of the way it is written. Tolkien writes in the same manner in which people tell stories. The level of detail and background are also very enjoyable in my opinion. We get to go to a different world and become immersed in the characters stories. It is seldom that this happens for me when I read book. I supposed that the background stories that each of these races, characters, and places have, help sell the idea that the world of Middle Earth continues (or exists) even after you stop reading the books.

No comments:

Post a Comment